Thursday, September 15, 2011

What Motivates You, What Drives You, What Picks You Up In The Morning To Do Your Best?....

Not much time today, Thursdays are busy busy for me.  The questions in my title just came to me as I was asking myself the same things.  I was not always a motivated person back in the day! Haha!  Then I had children and they began to get older and I really wanted to be a good example to them.  That was originally my reasoning but with that I noticed God laying things on me that I really started being passionate about.  The number one thing was "PEOPLE", one way or the other it's been to impact others.  If you notice I've updated my profile a little with things I've been involved in over the past 15 years of my life and they all had to do with making a difference in people's life's.  The six years I was a Faux Finisher, wow I learned so much about myself that I never knew.  One being confident in something I was doing.  There is a Art Studio in Charlotte where I learned all my techniques and I must say I became pretty good at what I was doing.  As a teenager I never much believed in myself or ever had the confidence to step out of my comfort zone but when I became a Faux Finisher it really helped me with that.  It taught me how to manage my own company as well as feel confident in the work I was doing for others.  I met so many awesome people along the way and had the privilege of working with, Contractors, Interior Designers, Construction Workers, Painters and other Artist, it was great! 

Next Season of my life I decided to put the painting to the side to explore other opportunities which quickly turned out to be a passion for young girls.  I volunteered at the Crisis Pregnancy Center for five years being a peer counselor.  These five years were so rewarding to me!  God really used me with my own experiences to help others and in return God began a transformation in me that continues to grow today.

During both of these time periods I was still considered a stay-at-home mom and still felt there was more to seek and more for me to learn out there.  I was apart of a group called Celebrate Recovery for three years, a 12 Step Biblical Recovery Program for anybody who is considered a human!  God placed me in a leadership position where I led a group for Codependent Women for a 15 month period.  Talk about having to dig really really deep into yourself, where you came from, where you are and where you're going, wow!  That was a great challenge for me but amazing journey at the same time.  I give credit to God and that program for the woman I am today!!

Lord knows I fall a lot I mean a lot but thank God I always get up even more!!!!!!!!

Wait there's more, after discovering myself through painting, volunteering and a recovery program I knew there was much more for me to do in helping people in other ways.  I woke up one morning and enrolled in Criminal Justice classes and got a job at the Court House being a Sentencing Analyst.  I helped inmates and people on probation get into rehab centers oppose to prison.  I loved that job and felt it was so needed!  Due to budget cuts ughhhhh Sentencing Services had to start letting people go.

Crazy Crazy but a girls weekend in Charleston, S.C. landed me where I am today.  I met some amazing people there that talked to me about a weight loss program and placing Weight Loss/Wellness Coaches in offices around the United States and seeing how this all tied into my personal life I was totally on board!  I'm still seeking for new opportunities but I have never been this motivated in my life to utilize my life experiences for other people.  For the past two years I've learned so much about the importance of not only our health but educating myself and others on how to live our best and be our best.

Gotta get back to work but thus far my life has been a rocky, crazy yet wonderful ride and I look forward to continue touching people's life's as all of you touch mine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment