Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Learn To Move Right Through The Storms Of Life......

Yep you heard me right we have to learn to keep moving forward through good times or bad!  Why?  Because we are capable with God's help to be consistent in who we are no matter what the situation is.  Easier said than done huh?  Well it's for sure possible I know!  I encourage all of us to keep up the positive even through the negative.  Now that's how you gain a healthy mind, body and spirit!!!

Reaching our healthy lifestyle habits can be challenging but once we make some healthy changes you'll see just how easy it becomes to stick with them.  I tell my patients the more we eat or drink something the more our body will crave it.  In the same way the more we speak and act positive the more we will be more consistent on being positive!  Accountability guys that's the ticket and always having at least that one person to encourage, encourage, encourage!!! 

One positive change is to educate ourselves about our health and habits we should gain to reach our goals in weight loss and healthy bodies.  The more we know the more we become a little more conscious about habits whether they are good or bad.  You know it takes 28 days to break a habit.  Looking back the past 4 weeks I broke my sweet habit of always looking, searching, trying to figure out my next sweet fix! Haha!  I simply tweaked my habits, I started grabbing one dark chocolate square (at least 70% or more cacao) after dinner.  And last night I couldn't resist I had not one but three homemade cookies.  It was so worth it!! Ha!  It's good to indulge in something we love once in awhile, the key is moderation.  Kick your habit, let some time go by then introduce what you love a little at a time in your diet so it doesn't get out of hand again.

Remember your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is very important for you to know.  It is how many calories you are burning in 24 hours at complete rest.  Then you add the amount of calories you are burning depending on how active you are daily and you'll have a good idea how many calories you should be consuming per day.  BMR can be responsible for burning up to 70% of the total calories expended, but this figure varies due to different factors such as genetics, gender, age, weight, height, body fat percentage, diet and exercise.  BMR is the largest factor in determining overall metabolic rate and how many calories you need to maintain, lose or gain weight.

In simple terms:  Make sure you burn more calories then you eat!

*By the way I met God at the top of the mountain yet again yesterday morning!  Starting my day in such a positive active way set the rest of my day up for how I felt.  Then ended with a thankful spirit and cookies, what better way to fall asleep!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment