Friday, August 26, 2011

Serenity............

Don't get me wrong love the gym but any chance I get I'd rather do my exercising outside.  It's my serenity time, soaking in the world around me that just inspires me!  It's my alone time from work, people, distractions, etc.  Love my Monday and Friday mornings!  This morning was great it was me, my tennis shoes, the pavement and God's awesome creations all around!  Wow my cardio seriously needs a jolt, I was struggling but it felt great!  Came home had my favorite breakfast, egg whites, oatmeal with sliced peaches and some down time with God!  Now the cleaning begins....  (Exercise, a healthy dose of God and breakfast gives me enough of a HIGH to be motivated the rest of the day!)  Proactive Proactive Proactive, that's me encouraging me, lol!

My thoughts for the day:

Drug and alcohol addictions are considered a "disease of addiction" but in fact abusing food whether we struggle with gluttony or starving ourselves in my opinion is some what similar to a "disease of addiction".  It's all psychological right?  Think about it everything we do in life is psychological, planning our day, what we're going to eat, what we're going to drink, who we're going to see, how we're going to act, etc...  Everything we do turns into something positive or negative and has the potential to turn into how we view ourselves.

"THE WAR WITHIN US"  Romans 7:14-15; 17-19 - "We know that the law is spiritual, but I am not spiritual since sin rules me as if I were its slave.  I do not understand the things I do.  I do not do what I want to do, and I do the things I hate."  But I am not really the one who is doing these hated things; it is sin living in me that does them.  Yes, I know that nothing good lives in me--I mean nothing good lives in the part of me that is earthly and sinful.  I want to do the things that are good, but I do not do them.  I do not do the good things I want to do, but I do the bad things I do not want to do."
Romans 8:12-13 - "So, brothers and sisters, we must not be ruled by our sinful selves or live the way our sinful selves want.  If you use your lives to do the wrong things your sinful selves want, you will die spiritually.  But if you use the Spirit's help to stop doing the wrong things you do with your body, you will have true life."

Just like the recovering addict or alcoholic needs consistent accountability, the one who suffers with food addictions, poor self-esteem, or the one who simply wants motivation in life, as myself, needs consistent accountability too!

It's time to say "I'm worth it".  To love ourselves enough to be capable to love others the way God intended!  We need to WAKE UP!  Wake up our families, wake up ourselves, wake up world to better our lifestyles to reap the full benefits of a healthy mind and body.  My motto has always been "It starts from the inside out" when it comes to healthy lifestyle changes.  When it comes to food, YES we are what we eat!

"As much as we put into our mind, body and spirit is as much as we're capable to give"

No comments:

Post a Comment